The Microbiome Hackers Guide
This is an old draft excerpt of a book for curious people with little or no knowledge of biology who want to learn the basics of the human microbiome in a hands-on, practical way — by experimenting on yourself. By practicing with your own examples, you’ll learn how to study and manipulate the microbes inside you.
For the latest version, please see https://github.com/richardsprague/microbiome-hackers-guide
An older copy is kept here as a backup, in case I didn't transfer all the content correctly.
To take best advantage of this book, you will need:
A much more detailed version of this book will be available soon at fine bookstores everywhere.
Here are the main sections:
- Getting Started: What to look for in your first uBiome results.
- Explore the Raw Data: Download your results for deeper analysis.
- The Science: Learn more about the microbiome
- Self-Experiments: Examples of self-experimenting
- Case Studies: Comparing yourself to other people.
- Organisms: Specific organisms, probiotics and what they do.
- Next Steps: Take your knowledge to the next level
By the end of the book, you will be well on your way to a hands-on understanding of one of the most exciting areas at the frontier of biology.
Please contact me for more information on how to get the final version of the book.
© 2017 Richard Sprague